Android not showing gps locations?

lmjennings1

I downloaded the free geocaching app on my android. I can get a list of the geocaches that are close but they do not show up on the map. I keep getting an error message that says "Geo can't log on, failed to download cache details, the cach is only available to premium members" or "C:Geo failed to download cache details" It appears that most are for premium members only. I just want to try it before I buy but can not get the regular cache to download either. My friend has the iphone and she got all of the cache locations on the map without paying for membership. Is there something on my phone "settings" that are not set up correctly? Please help.

Thank you

If you have downloaded cgeo that's not the official Groundspeak app. I haven't used cgeo for awhile it may be that you haven't logged on or don't have data on. Although most i phone users seem happy with the gs app the android version is not IMHO that great. Try neon geo its authorized by gs and there is a 30 day free trial. The full version is much cheaper too. Good luck and welcome.