Send all to GPS from maps view, etc

crunchewy

One feature I really like at opencaching is that you can send all the Geocaches you are currently looking at on the map to your GPS. I don't see a similar feature on the official Geocaching site? Is it there somewhere and I'm just missing it?

Another thing is I think the way pocket queries work is kind of weird/confusing. I create a pocket query, save it... and nothing happens? Oh, you have to check the current day to get it to actually do anything. Why would I want to make a pocket query and then not actually run it? I don't get that. Seems like it should default to having the current day checked, with run once then disable, and you can then choose to uncheck it if you want to.

I know of no way to load from map view.

As to why would you run pocket query and not run it? I do it all the time. Such as I know I am going out of state next week. I do the pocket query now and lay out my trip and caches I want to load. Then the night before I leave I run the pocket query and load it, All updated information is there and new caches are picked up in the area, trackables information updated etc. Had I ran the pocket query when I actually set it up I might have picked up caches that are now disabled, trackables that are no longer in the cache, and might have missed the updated coords etc. I would not have loaded the new caches either. Just lets me have the mapping laid out ahead of time and ready when I want to load the actual query. Some people have the queries run every week for a lot of those same reasons. Its called planning ahead.

One feature I really like at opencaching is that you can send all the Geocaches you are currently looking at on the map to your GPS. I don't see a similar feature on the official Geocaching site? Is it there somewhere and I'm just missing it?

Another thing is I think the way pocket queries work is kind of weird/confusing. I create a pocket query, save it... and nothing happens? Oh, you have to check the current day to get it to actually do anything. Why would I want to make a pocket query and then not actually run it? I don't get that. Seems like it should default to having the current day checked, with run once then disable, and you can then choose to uncheck it if you want to.

What if you don't get your criteria correct in your PQ? You only get to run five a day. The idea is to set it up and then preview it to make sure that it is what you want. When you are comfortable that you have set it up correctly, you then select the day to run it. Granted, it would be more intuitive to perhaps have a button on the preview page that says, "Run this Query Now".

Groundspeak has been promising a total revamp of the PQ system for almost two years now. I doubt that we'll see any minor tweaks until they finally roll out the new system.