Vacation next week

We are boarding a plane to Disney World next Saturday and I want to claim some caches while in Florida. We have one of those all inclusive plans though so we wont be leaving Disney property. but I hear they have virtual caches there. Problem is Im not sure what a virtual cache is. So I would be thankful for any help. What are they and how do you do them?

Edited by froggymama3

We are boarding a plane to Disney World next Saturday and I want to claim some caches while in Florida. We have one of those all inclusive plans though so we wont be leaving Disney property. but I hear they have virtual caches there. Problem is Im not sure what a virtual cache is. So I would be thankful for any help. What are they and how do you do them?

A virtual cache is a grandfathered type of cache which has no container, and no log to sign.

In the best ones, you would be taken to an exceptionally interesting location where placing a physical cache would be difficult if not impossible.

Verification of your actual visit to the location is made by a photo of yourself at the site, or perhaps an email to the CO giving information that could only be obtained by actually visiting the site.

I did the virtual caches at Disney World back in February...The Mouse doesn't allow traditional caches on property so Virtuals are all you will find there. Just follow the description on the cache page...you might be required to post a picture of yourself at the posted coordinates, or answer a few simple questions about something there, to prove you were there

There was previously at least one traditional cache on property, at one of the Reedy Creek fire stations, that I really wanted to do but it got disabled shortly before my trip.

I don't know if you're into Challenges or not (opinions vary) but there are a few of them on site also. I did a couple of them just for grins.

Edited by Chief301