Looking to upgrade from Garmin etrex

M_Girls

I am a single mom with two lovely little ladies and we have recently discovered the world of geocaching thanks to a borrowed yellow etrex from my dear old dad. I am looking to purchase a gps (new, used, refurbished, etc). Generally it will be used for geocaching only, but the more it can be interfaced with a computer the better. Can any one give me suggestions as to what I should be searching for and approx. cost? Thanks!

I have the same basic question. I'm looking for a GPS but am unsure what to get. A Geko? Geko 201? Etrex?

I wonder, for geocaching, how much I REALLY need to connect it to the computer. You can put in the coordinates by hand, can't you?

I don't need street maps and such. Just geocaching.

Adamus

quote:
Originally posted by adamus:

I have the same basic question. I'm looking for a GPS but am unsure what to get. A Geko? Geko 201? Etrex?

I wonder, for geocaching, how much I REALLY need to connect it to the computer. You can put in the coordinates by hand, can't you?

I don't need street maps and such. Just geocaching.

Adamus

No you don't "need" to connect the GPS to the computer but it is faster to upload the coordinates from the computer then to add them one by one.

No you don't "need" to connect the GPS to the computer but it is faster to upload the coordinates from the computer then to add them one by one.

What Ray said!!!

I have 2 garmin vistas and a etrex yellow and a Lowrance Global map 100 and all hook up to the Pc but for the yellow you need to buy the cable so it is better to go Legend cause it comes with the cable. *HINT* icon_smile.gif

"Have a nice day"

Hmm... I do see your point. And it comes with the cable and such that, with the etrex, I would probably buy later anyway.

I looked at a Geko today. When I saw the size of the screen. Probably big enough for most folk but I need a bigger screen.

Ok, off to find a Legend. It seems like the best choice.

Adamus