Andriod app - back to maps

Imabus

Hello

When using the Android app you can search for nearby Geocaches, then you can view on maps .... all good so far :)

When you then select a cache it opens up in all its glory and you get to look at your lesure through all of the details.

Then you press back, and you return to the list of nearby caches.

My suggestion is that if you entered the cache page from the map you should return to the map when you exit it and not to the list. Yes, you can of course press menu and view on maps again, but who wants to press two additional buttons?

Its not a big deal, but it is annoying!

Many thanks

Imabus

Maybe we could just add a map option from the main menu that shows the nearby caches, has a 'live' option or simply waits for you to tap the 'Search Here' option?

Then if you hit back it would take you back to the map.

Quite often I search using the map and would like to not have to wait for nearby caches first.

Urabus,

I absolutely agree ! I was going to post this request but found that you have just done so.

To Summarise :

You have a list of caches, saved or searched.

You view them on a map (very useful (better if it had footpaths, but thats another post....) !).

Select one of those caches to look at all of it's details.

Press 'Back' from these details and you are presented with the original list NOT the map that should be one 'Back' press away so that you can select another cache to look at.

Try it, it's flippin' annoying !*!*!*! Especially when you are investigating an area with several caches in.

Jem.

Urabus,

I absolutely agree ! I was going to post this request but found that you have just done so.

To Summarise :

You have a list of caches, saved or searched.

You view them on a map (very useful (better if it had footpaths, but thats another post....) !).

Select one of those caches to look at all of it's details.

Press 'Back' from these details and you are presented with the original list NOT the map that should be one 'Back' press away so that you can select another cache to look at.

Try it, it's flippin' annoying !*!*!*! Especially when you are investigating an area with several caches in.

Jem.

Also, the other MAJOR frustration about this is if you are using the app to scout ahead i.e you are not looking at your imediate suroundings and you want to check the listings out for DNF's, terrians etc so your popping in and out of descriptions you press back -> then menu ->then view on map, your view is centred on your current location zoomed out to let you see both your current location and the caches you have in the list.

zoom zoom ...wait for the map to load .... scroll scroll ...wait for the map to load .... zoom zoom .... wait for the map to load ... scroll scroll .... wait for the map to load .... ecetera ecetera blah blah blah stupid!

so if this is an easy(ish) fix that just wasnt thought about DONT take into account where i am standing, i want to see the caches that i have in the list, show me them. Anyone see an issue in this logic?

maybe Man Barb has already taken this point up in this post

Yamabus

Edited by Imabus