Visiting soon

MrLifeboat

Hi there, I am soon to be visiting Canada for a family holiday from England. I will be based out of Alberta for the duration of my stay. I am wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to download some maps of the province to my GPS.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

LB

I'm sure the Alberta crowd will chime in soon... however ... What part of Alberta will be your base of operations?

I'm just across the border in southeastern BC area known as the East Kootenays. Well worth a venture across... and you can loop through back into Alberta as well. Also when are you coming? How long are you coming for?

All that would help you plan a trip, this area is a big place for one vacation!

Doug 7rxc

Hi there, I am soon to be visiting Canada for a family holiday from England. I will be based out of Alberta for the duration of my stay. I am wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to download some maps of the province to my GPS.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

LB

Welcome to Alberta MrLifeboat,

If you scroll down the Canadian forums, you will find a topic called Back Road Maps and another about maps by Ibycus.

What areas are you visiting? The farm areas are on a one mile grid system and you will need topo and hiking trails for the backcountry of the Rocky Mountains. The Rockies and Drumheller are "must dos". If you are hiking, don't forget to mark your car so that you can find your way back.

If you go the top of the Canada Forum, you will find links to the local Alberta geocaching groups who will be able to help you, too. And don't forget to check out some events!

Enjoy your Alberta Geocaching Adventures!

mwellman from the Edmonton area