Missing geocoin please help

chinadoll23

i am trying to locate a geocoin that was reported being held for ransom by westcoastwarrior it appears he no longer geocaches as he has not logged on since 2008 does anyone know who this is so i can try to find this coin and get it moving again i first found this coin on my very first geocaching adventure i passed it on to my parents who planned to take it to bc with them, they dropped it in a puddle on the way to the geocache, since then my dad has passed away and i really want to find it for his sake. the coins name is canada 2007 geocoin.

Your post intrigued me so I looked at your profile, the geocoin page and the profile of westcoastwarrior. You aren't going to find that geocoin for many reasons. All of that happened in 2007. Why think that after five years a geocoin can be tracked down? Why wait so long? westcoastwarrior has never even found any geocaches according to their profile. Again, according to their profile, they've never been to any events, I seriously doubt that anybody is going to know who they are.

I have my fingers crossed that you have some good luck but, personally, I doubt you'll get anywhere in your search. You can try contacting Groundspeak and tell them the story and hope that they'll send the info to the police but I doubt the cops will do anything to hunt down a geocoin found in a puddle five years ago.

Best of luck!

Also looking at the Geocoin page and logs... Want to bet that WestCoastWarrior is a sock puppet account given the nature of the geo ransom comment. That coin is probably lounging in a collection somewhere (or just lost in someones stuff when they thought better of trying to collect it). Best thing to do would be for people to keep their eyes open when viewing collections and seeking remote/ difficult caches. That is about all one could do and most likely to bear fruit. Older coins have turned up before.

Also doesn't look like the account was validated (I'm not sure why but I got some interesting messages when I was exploring it).

Might have never registered on the forums may be all that was. Another thought, back then name changes were harder, so they might have made a new account completely and may still be around under a different name / account. This one may have been simply abandoned as were many, perhaps they will read this topic.

Doug 7rxc

Also looking at the Geocoin page and logs... Want to bet that WestCoastWarrior is a sock puppet account given the nature of the geo ransom comment. That coin is probably lounging in a collection somewhere (or just lost in someones stuff when they thought better of trying to collect it). Best thing to do would be for people to keep their eyes open when viewing collections and seeking remote/ difficult caches. That is about all one could do and most likely to bear fruit. Older coins have turned up before.

Also doesn't look like the account was validated (I'm not sure why but I got some interesting messages when I was exploring it).

Might have never registered on the forums may be all that was. Another thought, back then name changes were harder, so they might have made a new account completely and may still be around under a different name / account. This one may have been simply abandoned as were many, perhaps they will read this topic.

Doug 7rxc