Waypoints and Geocaches disappear from Montana 650

It seems to be an ongoing Garmin issue. I had it with my Colorado, others have had it with Oregons and I have had it once with my 650. It seems to be when the gpx file is big, the files are on the unit but some or all of the caches do not appear I can only suggest the reset or reloading the file plus an email to Garmin.

Sometimes when I turn on my Montana 650T (V4.10) it does not have any waypoints or geocaches in it. The files are there and the only way to get them back is to reset (finger on top left corner while booting).

Any thoughts?

I had a similar problem when I turned the unit off while it was loading its waypoints. I think the problem relates to something that interrupts the load process, which then ends up with the unit thinking it loaded everything when in fact it didn't.

What I did to fix the problem (I was away from home, which made it awkward) was to download the pocket query using my phone, transfer the GPX file onto the microSD card using my phone, then put the card back into the Montana. It solved the problem, I guess the Montana registered the file was different so reloaded.