Help with id

roadwanderer

I found a benchmark in the Petrified Forest NP in NM but lost the coords and can't find it on geocaching site. Round disk VS6 5,826' 1934 Benchmark clearly visible. Would like to log it but need help please.

Not an NGS disc, so it's not in the NGS database. It's also Arizona not New Mexico. :) VS 6 is a USGS disc and has been Waymarked, so you can log it here if you have a close up picture:

http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WM1VAB_USGS_VS_6_Petrified_Forest_National_Park_AZ

Tried finding it the hard way first, looking through NGS Az database, but actually ended up finding it with this Google search:

"survey disc" vs6

:)

Edit: Note that, if you've never used it before, Waymarking.com is run Groundspeak so you can login there using your username/password from here.

Edited by EdrickV

I found a benchmark in the Petrified Forest NP in NM but lost the coords and can't find it on geocaching site. Round disk VS6 5,826' 1934 Benchmark clearly visible. Would like to log it but need help please.

Thanks, it was a 16 state roadtrip in six wks. Too many miles and timezones to remember....... [:0]

Not an NGS disc, so it's not in the NGS database.

To clarify for "roadwanderer," there are thousands and thousands of survey marker discs in the NGS database that are not NGS discs. And I know of some NGS discs that aren't in the database. I imagine the latter situation is rare, but it does happen. So it's important to remember that the NGS database is neither an exclusive nor a comprehensive listing of USCGS/NGS disks.

Not an NGS disc, so it's not in the NGS database.

To clarify for "roadwanderer," there are thousands and thousands of survey marker discs in the NGS database that are not NGS discs. And I know of some NGS discs that aren't in the database. I imagine the latter situation is rare, but it does happen. So it's important to remember that the NGS database is neither an exclusive nor a comprehensive listing of USCGS/NGS disks.

Bad wording on my part. I meant it's not part of the NGS network of benchmarks, so wasn't in the NGS database. :)