eTrex20 download caches

Hi There

I am having issues with my new etrex20

I can't seem to get any geocaches to load onto it

I have manually created a .gpx file and copied it to the device

I have loaded caches from GSAK as well but neither of these ways have helpped

Is there another way I am not thinking of is there a setting that needs to point to the files?

All advice is much appreciated

Hi Freddie

Thanks I played a bit more and found that I was downloading to many geocaches at the same time

If anyone else has an issue try creating a smaller filter in gsak or smaller pocket query

Thanks for the help

It you provide more details about what you are doing we could determine what your problem is because it is NOT PQs that are too large. A PQ can only return a maximum of 1000. The eTrex 20 will hold 5000 caches.

Hi Freddie

Thanks I played a bit more and found that I was downloading to many geocaches at the same time

If anyone else has an issue try creating a smaller filter in gsak or smaller pocket query

Thanks for the help

It you provide more details about what you are doing we could determine what your problem is because it is NOT PQs that are too large. A PQ can only return a maximum of 1000. The eTrex 20 will hold 5000 caches.

I had a Filter with 1730 caches in the list (from gsak) and it was having trouble loading all of them for the one file

I have now split them into files with about 200 - 500 caches in it and it seems to read them better

So I have a fully functioning gps and went to get an FTF for the first cache with the new gps

Thanks for all the feed back