Neongeo allow access problem

lesblancs

Hi there,

I recently purchased and installed Neongeo onto my Samsung GS2 mobile phone.

I started up the Neongeo app and there were no problems until I accessed the authorisation page at Geocaching.com.

I was directed to press the "allow access" button, which I did. The software then told me to wait as the page was loading. I was then kicked back to the authorization page again....and got stuck in a loop.

Interestingly enough, I received an email informing me that neongeo had successfully accessed my account...which it hadn't!

I have checked my time settings etc, and they are accurate.

My phone details are:

Samsung Galaxy S2 with rooted Orange ICS 4.0.3 (UK)

Neongeo version 1.160

I have no problems logging into geocaching.com via the normal PC option. The problem seems to be with API.

Thanks

It's definitely not an API problem as I am able to authorize on my own Android phone. Do you get any better results if you purge the browser cache on your phone?

Are you authorising via Neongeo?

I have tried everything, from checking the time zones, to flushing the cache and reinstalling the neongeo app.

Each time the same problem.

Puzzling to say the least.

:huh:

Yes, I was testing via Neongeo.

To be clear, are you saying that you are seeing a message about your time zone settings not being correct? That is the general error message that appears when there is an authentication issue (worded that way because of past issues caused by incorrect time settings on the phone). You should report this issue to contact@geocaching.com. We can then send you a small test app that provides additional error messaging and that may help us uncover what is going on in your situation.

To be clear, are you saying that you are seeing a message about your time zone settings not being correct? That is the general error message that appears when there is an authentication issue (worded that way because of past issues caused by incorrect time settings on the phone). You should report this issue to contact@geocaching.com. We can then send you a small test app that provides additional error messaging and that may help us uncover what is going on in your situation.

I am seeing no messages about my time zone being incorrect.This was just something I had read about on the neongeo website. As far as I am aware, all my settings seem to be as they should be.

I will send a text to contact@geocaching.com outlining my problem.

Thanks for the help.

I am seeing no messages about my time zone being incorrect.This was just something I had read about on the neongeo website. As far as I am aware, all my settings seem to be as they should be.

I will send a text to contact@geocaching.com outlining my problem.

Thanks for the help.

Hello,

I know this thread is old but I answer anyhow if it can help anyone else.

We had the same problems on our Samsung Galaxy Tab and it didn't help to set the timezone.

But this helped:

Settings --> Developer options. On 'App' section the 'Do not keep activities' was active. When we unmarked that option Neongeo could authorize to Geocaching.com.

Regards,

Johan