Kudos to two Alabama Cachers

Today I unexpectedly met two Alabama Geocachers, BigDaddyJD and Dav5. I attended and event called C.A.S.T. for Kids. It was held on Lake Martin at Wind Creek State Park which is 200 miles from home. The event is for handicapped children and families of these children to enjoy a day of fishing and boating. Many anglers gave their time and shared their "Big Boy Toys" with these families. It gives them respite from the daily issues and challenges they face.

While there at the event, I keyed in nearby caches only to realize a "Cache for Kids Event" was a mere 300 feet away from where I stood. I went to the tent and there I met BigDaddyJD and Dav5 who were their to share the sport of geocaching with the many families. They drove quite a few miles and it was a full day event and they stayed till the end.

I am proud to know there are others who can be unselfish and share themselves with these families. After a 500+ days absent from the game, they make me proud to be a geocacher and have put my heart back into the game.

Kudos BigDaddyJD and Dav5. Thank you for your gift today.

Kudos BigDaddyJD and Dav5. Thank you for your gift today.

Thanks guys! Always glad to see Alabama (or any!) cachers giving their time to promoting the game.

Join our free geocaching forum for the Alabama Geocachers Association at http://www.DixieCachers.com

If you would like please write an article about your experience for our free online magazine, The Online Geocacher at http://www.onlinegeocacher.com