Letterboxing help

Hi

Apologies if this is in the wrong section (feel free to move it!)

I am keen to have a go at Letterbox caches, specifically the ones on the dismantled railway between Witham and Maldon (in Essex). The route seems straightforward but I seem to be missing something as I cant work out how you actually find the boxes! There's no coordinates and I cant find any proper clues either. I understand about the stamps, and carrying our own logbook to stamp, and all that, it's just the finding them that I cant fathom

Anyone got any ideas for me please?

Thanks everso

BD3

Generally the Letterbox Hybrid cache has instructions from a starting point, which guide you to the cache.

I.e.

Been your journey at the abutment, marking trail head.

Seek ye a tall tree along the path.

Proceed 100 paces down the path.

Face north and look for a hollow.

Enter the hollow and with 6 o'clock being where you started, search at 10 o'clock.

Please do not take the stamp.

Thanks for your replies...but I still cant work out how to go about the caches! Maybe I am being thick?

GC2BAEK

is one of a series of hybrids which says specifically that the coords are not for the cache. But has no clues about where to look.

GC2BADE

is one of a series that goes along an old railway line. Am I just meant to start at the beginning of the track and peer into every bush along the route? These coords patently ARE NOT for the caches as they are set out in a perfect circle, which I am sure the railway line was not!!

I must be missing something somewhere... :D

GC2BAEK

is one of a series of hybrids which says specifically that the coords are not for the cache. But has no clues about where to look.

They've set this up in a really strange way. If you look at the hint, it points to another cache. On that other cache page, it has directions to finding each cache in the series. Why they didn't just put this information on each individual cache page, I have no idea.

GC2BADE

is one of a series that goes along an old railway line. Am I just meant to start at the beginning of the track and peer into every bush along the route? These coords patently ARE NOT for the caches as they are set out in a perfect circle, which I am sure the railway line was not!!

Again for this one, the hint points to another cache. This other cache page doesn't seem to have any hint or descriptions for the individual caches, so I have no idea how you're supposed to find them.

I hate it when people make their cache pages unnecessarily confusing. They also seem to have forgotten the part about Letterbox Hybrids that says you need to involve GPS use, not just provide clues. From the guidelines in place at the time those caches were placed:

A letterbox hybrid may have a mystery or puzzle element, but cannot be designed to be found by only using clues.