A daft question coming up!

You know when you join a site, any site and you have to think of a sign in name? I am trying to think back to when i joined geocaching. <_< And choosing a name. Do we each have unique names for the game or would there be for eg another ayrbrain somewhere in the geocaching world? Just a thought. :blink:

You know when you join a site, any site and you have to think of a sign in name? I am trying to think back to when i joined geocaching. <_< And choosing a name. Do we each have unique names for the game or would there be for eg another ayrbrain somewhere in the geocaching world? Just a thought. :blink:

You're unique, there won't be another ayrbrain.

I seem to recall that when I was picking my name there was a problem with my selection... I wanted to call myself "Crusader", but I got an 'ur-urrr, yer can't have that!'

My second choice was 'Croesgadwr', which means Crusader in the Welsh language. Its only a problem when people try and say it!!

Phonetically its "Croy-es-gad-ooow".

By chance I checked to see if Crusader was actually taken....it wasn't, so I don't know what the problem was.

Croesgadwr

a North Wales geocacher.

I seem to recall that when I was picking my name there was a problem with my selection... I wanted to call myself "Crusader", but I got an 'ur-urrr, yer can't have that!'

My second choice was 'Croesgadwr', which means Crusader in the Welsh language. Its only a problem when people try and say it!!

By chance I checked to see if Crusader was actually taken....it wasn't, so I don't know what the problem was.

Croesgadwr

a North Wales geocacher.

I can't really remember choosing my name (it's an age thing with me! <_< ).

We were in north Wales last October so managed a few caches there, just need to go to Ireland and do some there and that will be the four countries of the British Isles done lol

Croesgadwr

a North Wales geocacher.

The username "Crusader" is taken, although seemingly not used for logging of caches.

Go into your profile, scroll down to "find another player", then type in "Crusader". A number of usernames using "crusader" can be found.

http://www.geocaching.com/find/default.aspx

B.

Croesgadwr

a North Wales geocacher.

The username "Crusader" is taken, although seemingly not used for logging of caches.

Go into your profile, scroll down to "find another player", then type in "Crusader". A number of usernames using "crusader" can be found.

http://www.geocaching.com/find/default.aspx

B.

That makes sense... I recall (at that time) entering the name "Crusader" into the caches found by / hidden by boxes, and getting a 'negative' as a result. So at least I now know that there was a cacher out there between 2001 & 2004 called Crusader, who was never active in the true meaning of a geocacher. It was more than six years later that I tried to claim the title of "Crusader".