OpenID

Glenn

Add OpenID as a login option. Click on OpenID for a description of how it works. You'll see thAT it work a lot like the Facebook sign in but it doesn't require the Facebook membership that a lot of people are opposed to. Also OpenID is used and supported by more or the big name websites than the Facebook login is. Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, Wordpress, Linkedin, Blogger, and Flickr are just a few of the 38,205 websites currently using OpenID.

Add OpenID as a login option. Click on OpenID for a description of how it works. You'll see thAT it work a lot like the Facebook sign in but it doesn't require the Facebook membership that a lot of people are opposed to. Also OpenID is used and supported by more or the big name websites than the Facebook login is. Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, Wordpress, Linkedin, Blogger, and Flickr are just a few of the 38,205 websites currently using OpenID.

That suggestion is Methadone to Facecrack addicts. Apples and oranges. There is no substitute. Though in fact, we really don't need no stinking OpenID either.

Add OpenID as a login option.

Why not just use the Geocaching.com username and password? I'm not sure why we need any other kind of login, be it Facebook or otherwise.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The Facebook login option has already been added. I doubt they are going to remove it anytime soon. Discussing the Facebook login here isn't relevant.

Your question can be answered by reading the explanation of OpenID that I linked to.