Sorry, yet another which GPS

OK, I have been researching a GPS device mainly due to my Android phone going down on the battery within just 5 ish hours use. I am happy(ish) with the accuracy and I love the fact I get the descriptions, hints, logs, a map and a compass all within the one device. Not wishing to lose any convenience I am looking for a FULL paperless GPS device. I have researched a few of these but admit to not understanding how maps are loaded, which companies allow what type of map loading etc.

This is my wish lits

FULL papaerless caching (including previous log entries) not sure if they all hold the previous log entries?

3 axis compass

Waterproof

2 x AA batteries for easy charging

Under £400

Can load "tile OS maps" (remembering I dont know how this works) or if this is even correct

Its the maps bit I am struggling with, as a base map I have no idea what it covers and my caching tends to be within Cambridge only, but if I go away I could always purchase that set of maps for the area. Or am i better off getting a full UK 1:50000 or even 1:25000? I just dont know.

My most practical so far is the Garmin 62S, as I dont need a built in camera or anything. But more than happy to look at other models and makes on good recommendation. This I can get for around £260 I think.

Any useful views welcome. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME :(

Yours thanksfully in advance

Steve

Edited by -steves-

My only problem with the 62 series is that they are so large, yet the resolution in number of pixels is just a couple of percent higher than that of the eTrex 30.

With the most serious bug in the eTrex20/30 series (position stickiness) now being fixed or near-fixed, I'd at least look at it as an alternative.

The keypad controls on the 62 series is much nicer though. And I hear the basemap is better than on the eTrex series. CPU is reportedly faster too (quicker map drawing).