gps60

Hi all,

A friend has asked my to check the settings on his gps60.I can connect it to my pc but can't explore it as any other device.I've been on garmins web site which finds the device, but it shows up on my pc as a garmin usb gps which i can't open or explore, any ideas?

Regards Dave

Hello There,

It doesn't need Mapsource or Basecamp for the PC to see/look at the SD Card. The card is recognised as a drive and the steps I described before are for the card to be seen as a drive on your PC. You won't be able to do anything to the unit settings on the SD Card, that holds the maps, except I think for the Base Map, and POI files. If you want to upload tracks, waypoints or caches then you'll need Mapsource or somrthing similar. If you want to upload POIs you'll need Garmins PoiLoader or something similar.

What exactly are you trying to do, or what has gone wrong that needs to be put right?

Regards Bernard

Hi all,

A friend has asked my to check the settings on his gps60.I can connect it to my pc but can't explore it as any other device.I've been on garmins web site which finds the device, but it shows up on my pc as a garmin usb gps which i can't open or explore, any ideas?

Regards Dave

I'm curious about what "settings" you are checking.

And why you would need it connected to a computer to do so.

B.

Hi all,

The gps unit is not recognised on my pc as a seperate drive as my own gps, Ipod ect.

He wanted to check that it had the latest software ect & to clear his track logs ect, he uses it pureley for grid refrences when walking thats all,"i can switch it on & off & scroll through the pages & thats it,only use the one page on it".

Regards Dave

The GPS60 does not have an SD card, nor does it's internal memory emulate a hard drive. In other words, there is no file system on it that a computer can recognise. (The 60X units have the SD card.)

You can send/receive waypoints, tracks and routes to it using third party software such as Mapsource or GSAK, but you can't explore it's data.

i have a gps60 and my computer wont recognise it either, i want to be able to remove the caches i've found like i do with my etrex10

You can't. These units pre-date the current types that can be accessed as removable drives and use GPX files. All of the data is stored in internal memory in its own format.

To delete caches, press:

Find

Waypoints

Menu

Delete

Choose a symbol, or all symbols to clear all the waypoints

Follow the prompts

I usually delete everything and then reload it with fresh waypoints/geocaches.