new Garmin Etrex 20

So I got an Etrex 20 to replace my Etrex Legend HCX (the rubber seal fell off and ripped).

When I tried to load my existing copy of TOPO Canada 4.00 (current version) on my mac it wouldn't load. I had no problems putting onto a pc, although it took forever to load. I finally got it onto my gps but it looks different that it did on the HCX. It doesn't have all of the roads in my area, including a new hiway which is on the HCX.

My version of Base Camp also changed. I had to download a new version of this and when downloaded, I lost all detail other than a few roads. No topo details at all.

I'm not the smartest techy but this is very frustrating. Any suggestions?

When I tried to load my existing copy of TOPO Canada 4.00 (current version) on my mac it wouldn't load. ... It doesn't have all of the roads in my area, including a new hiway which is on the HCX.

If it's a PC version of the map it needs to be converted. Garmin MapConverter (a PC app) will do it, but your maps need to be installed on a PC to start the process.

Try maximizing the detail level to see the roads. Setup>Map>Advanced Map Setup> Detail

Edited by seldom_sn