First Multi - help needed

Merzbarn

Hello,

Me and my kids managed to complete the first stage of our first Multi stage cache yessterday by completing a puzzle and entering the resulting digits into Googlemaps, so we ended up with N 52° XX.XXX E 013° XX.XXX. (I've hidden the last 3 digits but we do have them)

This led us to a location where we found a short set of coordinates - NXXX EXXX

What do we do with these? Replace the last three digits of the previous coordinates with the new number? We tried this but the location seemed wrong. How do we use these coordinates to find the next stage?

We are only using Googlemaps. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mb

Hello,

Me and my kids managed to complete the first stage of our first Multi stage cache yessterday by completing a puzzle and entering the resulting digits into Googlemaps, so we ended up with N 52° XX.XXX E 013° XX.XXX. (I've hidden the last 3 digits but we do have them)

This led us to a location where we found a short set of coordinates - NXXX EXXX

What do we do with these? Replace the last three digits of the previous coordinates with the new number? We tried this but the location seemed wrong. How do we use these coordinates to find the next stage?

We are only using Googlemaps. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mb

Having two sets of 3 numbers gives you 3 options...

Use the numbers to replace the NXX XXX.123 EXX XXX.456 you already have.

Add them to the numbers you already have.

Subtract from the numbers you already have.

Does the cache page, or something with the numbers, not say what to do?

Googlemaps (satellite view) isn't accurate, but should get you reasonably close to make a search worthwhile...

Thanks for your help.

We didn't find a cache as such, just a charm bracelet with N597 E970 on it.It was fastened to a fence.

None of your suggestions seem right because the multi is set in a park and add/subtract/replace - they all end up outside it... Maybe we need to go back for another look...

Mb

Thanks for your help.

We didn't find a cache as such, just a charm bracelet with N597 E970 on it.It was fastened to a fence.

None of your suggestions seem right because the multi is set in a park and add/subtract/replace - they all end up outside it... Maybe we need to go back for another look...

Mb

The cache itself could be placed outside of the park... Unless it's a very big park. Just a thought.

Thanks for your help.

Mb

It is best not post any specifics about any Geocache without permission from the owner. The forum suggests that you ask the owner of the cache for any hints or help that you may need. I am surprised that the cache page, or previous stage of the multi did not tell you what to do with these numbers.

In general, your coordinate system is formatted as such: 'N/S XX XX.XXX W/E XX XX.XXX'. There is only one part of these coordinates that have a group of 3. Try replacing those 3 with the numbers you found.