Small GPS and GPRS/GSM

Hi all, does anyone know of a very small stand-alone GPS/GPRS device that will track location and send data via GPRS/SMS either automatically or via response to an SMS message? I know there are a lot of devices on the market, but I need something small, about 20mm x 30mm max.

Thanks!

The technology exists to put antenna and chipset into a much smaller package. But battery sets the lower limit on size -- too small and it won't last long enough. How long do you need to go between battery swaps/recharges?

How are you planning to use it? Look to what others might be using with that same use in mind.

Edited by Portland Cyclist

Hi all, does anyone know of a very small stand-alone GPS/GPRS device that will track location and send data via GPRS/SMS either automatically or via response to an SMS message? I know there are a lot of devices on the market, but I need something small, about 20mm x 30mm max.

Thanks!

Looking for the same to my small runaway dogs. Not having enough knowledge about it I wonder if a small beacon or the ones for falconery/prey birds could do the trick. Also hoping the new garmin chirp will be longer in distance when they gps for pets gets more into the market

Looking for the same to my small runaway dogs. Not having enough knowledge about it I wonder if a small beacon or the ones for falconery/prey birds could do the trick. Also hoping the new garmin chirp will be longer in distance when they gps for pets gets more into the market

Good idea Themoens. Assume you've seen this (not cheap though.) They'll be using these next year on the carrier pigeon edition of "Breaking Bad". <_<

Edited by seldom_sn

Good idea Themoens. Assume you've seen this (not cheap though.) They'll be using these next year on the carrier pigeon edition of "Breaking Bad". <_<

Thanks! great! the price is not that much more than the dc40 for dogs that goes with the Garmin Astro 320 (Denmark - we just pay more every time and we have to pay an anual fee for radiowave use - something like 40-50 dollars/year...)

Nicy nice to have if the reciever is affordable