New Map-how to refresh

COMC

Does anyone know how to refresh the new (former Beta)maps that are being used? With the old map you can select the "refresh map" radio button to change from a cache to a smile. With the new map there does not seem to be a place to refresh.

Does anyone know how to refresh the new (former Beta)maps that are being used? With the old map you can select the "refresh map" radio button to change from a cache to a smile. With the new map there does not seem to be a place to refresh.

There's no built-in refresh function like the old maps had. You have to refresh (reload) the webpage with your browser.

Why do you need to refresh? :unsure:

When I log a bunch of caches sometimes I like to see what I have already logged so I don't miss any. Besides, what does it matter why I want to do it, the question is "why was the feature eliminated?" Actually I know the answer, the maps were changed because the old system cost Groundspeak too much money. The new system is cheaper for them but we loose features we once had. Progress?

When I log a bunch of caches sometimes I like to see what I have already logged so I don't miss any. Besides, what does it matter why I want to do it, the question is "why was the feature eliminated?" Actually I know the answer, the maps were changed because the old system cost Groundspeak too much money. The new system is cheaper for them but we loose features we once had. Progress?

If you zoom in/out it will accomplish the same thing. No need to refresh or have the button either.

So it doesn't matter why I want any given feature, I should just get it? Seriously? Wow. This company, gives us so much already without asking for a penny. You know, we used to have paper maps and use compasses some time ago. All these great features and services to make it easier, and all people do is complain about it.

Edited by Arndtwe

If you zoom in/out it will accomplish the same thing. No need to refresh or have the button either.

So it doesn't matter why I want any given feature, I should just get it? Seriously? Wow. This company, gives us so much already without asking for a penny. You know, we used to have paper maps and use compasses some time ago. All these great features and services to make it easier, and all people do is complain about it.

If you take the time to read thoroughly you will see that I said they use to have a refresh button and now do not. My comment was why did they drop it? I did not say I should get anything I wanted! Read up before you make wild accusations.

If you take the time to read thoroughly you will see that I said they use to have a refresh button and now do not. My comment was why did they drop it? I did not say I should get anything I wanted! Read up before you make wild accusations.

I thoroughly read what you typed before posting. I apologize for the harsh post. It was late, and I had been reading so many negative things around here I was kinda peeved. It was inappropriate of me to do that.