Attribute "Public or Private" for Waymarks

alopix_

What is the difference when choosing Public or Private in a Waymark's attributes?

I can't see a difference when changing the attribute. At first I thought maybe this can hide the link to the actual webcam (to make it more of a challenge to find a proper link ;) but doesn't seem like it.

And the Waymark itself is visible when not logged in, so it's not some kind of invite-only-feature?!

Who know's the difference and can explain it to me (didn't find anything in the FAQ either)?

Edited by alopix_

You should have stated that you are talking about the Web Cameras category. This is only one of currently 1039 categories, and they all have their own set of attributes (or better: variables). Those variables are for additional information about the waymark, not more and lot less.

Private or public ownership of the camera in this case.

You should have stated that you are talking about the Web Cameras category. This is only one of currently 1039 categories, and they all have their own set of attributes (or better: variables). Those variables are for additional information about the waymark, not more and lot less.

Private or public ownership of the camera in this case.