Magellan eXplorist Gc help

Hi everyone. I'm very new to geocaching, and to learning these gps units. I have a Magellan eXplorist GC and I have it marked to show title and cache on the map. It shows the shorter version such as GC3C... Is there a way to have the map show the full title of the cache? Also, when I view the cache, I can read the title, but if it is a long title, half of the title is missing. Is there a way to view the full title? It's not listed in the description. One of the ones we were trying to find had a hint in the title, but we weren't able to view the full title.

Thanks so much for your help.

I search by selecting geocache on the main screen which then brings up a list of caches I have loaded. They all have the name of the cache. My caches are sorted by nearest. I haven't got as far as finding the cache # on the map on the unit - didn't know I could! But, my eyes + small screen....

Hi everyone. I'm very new to geocaching, and to learning these gps units. I have a Magellan eXplorist GC and I have it marked to show title and cache on the map. It shows the shorter version such as GC3C... Is there a way to have the map show the full title of the cache? Also, when I view the cache, I can read the title, but if it is a long title, half of the title is missing. Is there a way to view the full title? It's not listed in the description. One of the ones we were trying to find had a hint in the title, but we weren't able to view the full title.

Thanks so much for your help.

First of all I would like to congraduate you on getting into Geocaching and on purchasing your GC. Secondly, I would like to invite you to come over to http://www.exploristforum.com and join us. Any questions that you have regarding a Magellan GPS should be able to be answered there. However, if you cannot find an answer on the forum, please feel free to contact me there (DWCarr1) or here on Geocaching.com (SoCal Zukicachers) and I’ll be more than happen you help out, because I’m working with Magellan in their “Insiders” program to Beta Test and help with providing technical support when I can and if I can’t I can always given them a call and get you an answer.

As to your current question – on the Geocaching list the name is truncated to around 26 to 28 letters in length and there is currently no way to see the remaining portion of the name; however, this does bring up a good point and I’m currently working on a report containing suggestions for future upgrades so I’ll add this into the report. As far as the names on the maps screen, I’m going to have to look into this – because in the prior firmware the unit used to display the name; however, in the current firmware the unit is now displaying the GC code instead of the name and I had not noticed this change until looking at it tonight.

David