Invalid completion code

susiebear&co

Hi I hope someone can help with my query.

I have built a Wherigo cartridge using Urwigo and supplied a completion code which is presented to the user on completion. I have been contacted by somebody who has the correct code that I entered into the cartridge, but the Wherigo website says it is invalid.

Is there a fixed length and/or structure to the completion code? My code is alphanumeric with underscores and is 13 characters in length.

Has anyone had the same issue before?

Thanks,

Nick

somebody who has the correct code that I entered into the cartridge

Hi,

YOU have entered a code ? The completion code comes with the downloaded cartridge and is UNIQUE. It depends on the player who has downloaded the GWC file. So it is impossible too, that an other player locks with the same code as his friend.

To show the code to the player use an output like in the snapshot attached.

For Check : Download your own cartridge from the official Wherigo.com site, play it in emulator and see which code is given to you...it always is 15 characters long, for example RTX6RFGHH3SQY7V

Tip : Write a code at the end of your logbook. The player has to enter it and then you show the message with the "player.completioncode" So only if he has found the cache (=logbook) he get the completion code.

post-3481440-094402200 1330291105_thumb.jpg

Edited by jonny65

In Urwigo, I entered a completion code into the settings under the file menu. This is the code that player.completioncode returns in emulator. I assumed this is where to set the code?

Ah, ok....I know what you mean. You DON'T have to enter a code by yourself. The code comes WITH (is IN) the cartridge. And these code is always different, depending on who has downloaded it > every player has its own (unique) code.

If you play the compiled cartridge in emulator, you will get the code entered in setup. But if you download the cartdridge from Wherigo.com you will get the "official" code. Try this.

The code is generated in that moment, the player will download it.