Can waypoint names be different for virtual caches vs regular?

treasure-finder

Sometimes when you have your states waypoints downloaded into your GPS it would be nice to be able to tell the difference between what type of cache it is. Because, virtual's I need to print of the page of data ahead of time, it makes looking for the waypoints spontaneouly kind of hard. Because you don't know if your really looking for a item or a virtual. Does anyone know how to get around that?

With the pocket queries, you can deselect virtuals. Otherwise, when I download waypoints using EasyGPS, I simply don't select virtuals.

That way I avoid them altogether.

If you want to "look for" virtuals, you could change the name of the waypoint manually in EasyGPS or within the GPS unit itself.

Jamie

I have downloaded all the waypoints for the state I am in, but would really like to not rename hundreds of waypoints after I get them loaded. It would be nice if the waypoint names were differenciated based on type. For example,

GCxxxx-V would be a vertual cache

GCxxxx-M would be a multicache

GCxxxx-L would be a letterbox cache

GCxxxx-O would be a offset cache

etc.

These extensions could be added when a new cache is created. Sometimes I have a day to do caching and sometimes I just have a lunchbreak. I usually just look for the closest cache to where I am located. It would be nice to know the type of cache I'm looking for a head of time.

Hendro