Recent field notes not uploading

Wintertime

I just tried to upload some field notes from a geocaching expedition a few days ago. My previous notes went up to January 29th. The Upload Your Field Notes page opened with the "Ignore logs before 01/29/2012 12:02:00" box checked, but after I found and uploaded the geocache_visits.txt file, the page reported that "0 records were successfully uploaded."

I tried unchecking the "ignore before" box, and the website uploaded the 23 logs in my visits.txt file up to Jan. 29th, but nothing after that. I opened the file in a text editor and can see no reason why it would gag between the Jan. 29 and Feb. 18 notes--there are no extraneous characters or anything like that, as far as I can tell.

Any thoughts on why the file (or the website) might be acting up on this?

Patty

Copy the notes you want to upload from geocache_visits.txt to a new text file and upload that file to the web site. Once you have finished with the notes delete everything in the visits file and save it as a blank file. Just start over with it. There is probably some hidden character that has corrupted the file and will not let you upload for the dates you want. This is going to be one of those areas where it is not worth the time and aggravation to fight with the computer. Use a work-around and move on.

I just uploaded my field notes over the weekend so I know the process works. Hope this helps!

Thank you, autigerman and Moun10Bike. I did finally manage to get all the caches uploaded, but I'm not sure how. I initially deleted one at a time hoping to find which one was causing the trouble, but even when I had only one cache (and I tried two different ones of those), it still didn't work! Then I tried two Jan. 29 caches and one Feb. 18 cache and it worked. Then I tried removing the Jan. 29th caches and it didn't. Then...oh well, long story short, I kept trying various combinations and in ones and twos and maybe threes, I got all six new caches into the Field Notes page.

Moun10Bike, I will send you the original file. Thanks for following up on this.

Patty