Is the "POPiT" tool not working?

Smokehouse

I have posted a few things and I am sure that I popped them today, almost sure that is, and there have been additional posts after mine but it didn't register.

It may be that I forgot to do it, but is anyone else having this problem?

......Popping Now!

46113_400.jpg

The KGB

guy.gif

quote:
Originally posted by The KGB:

I have posted a few things and I am sure that I popped them today, almost sure that is, and there have been additional posts after mine but it didn't register.

I'm not sure how Opentopic determines when it sends out the PopIt notifications, but I'm pretty sure they get batched and sent out after a certain amount of time. I think the delay can be up to an hour or so.

-Elias

I have multipe threads selected and have not received an immediate notification for more than a week, even though I can clearly see (and read) the responses that were supposed to be sent my way.

What's the deal?!?

7996_300.jpg

Greg

N 39° 54.705'

W 77° 33.137'

quote:
Originally posted by gnbrotz:

I have multipe threads selected and have not received an immediate notification for more than a week, even though I can clearly see (and read) the responses that were supposed to be sent my way.

I notice you have a display e-mail set. Just for fun, remove the display e-mail from your geocaching.com profile and then log out of the forums and then back in again. We'll wait a week or so and see what happens.

I'm wondering if perhaps Opentopic is using the display e-mail (incorrectly, of course) when sending out your PopIt notifications.

-Elias

quote:
Originally posted by The KGB:

POPIT IS Still not working for me, anyone else........?

KGB -

See my post above. I'm guessing the problem is that you are using a display e-mail address and OT is using that instead of your real address so your PopIt notifications are bouncing. Give it a try and let me know what happens.

-Elias

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Elias:

Just for fun, remove the display e-mail from your geocaching.com profile and then log out of the forums and then back in again. We'll wait a week or so and see what happens.

I'm wondering if perhaps Opentopic is using the display e-mail (incorrectly, of course) when sending out your PopIt notifications.

-Elias

Elias, apparently the display e-mail is not the problem. I AM getting things I have "popped" since my rant/complaint above. Are there BB gods? I am going to check my full "pop list" and try to get more info on what is/isn't working. I may also try to unpop/repop the threads in question. I'll post back if I learn anything new.

7996_300.jpg

Greg

N 39° 54.705'

W 77° 33.137'

quote:

Elias, apparently the display e-mail is not the problem. I AM getting things I have "popped" since my rant/complaint above. Are there BB gods? I am going to check my full "pop list" and try to get more info on what is/isn't working. I may also try to unpop/repop the threads in question. I'll post back if I learn anything new.

We did make a small change to the integration code between the Geocaching.com site and these forums this morning, so its possible that fixed it. Let me know if you think the Popit feature is now working correctly.

-Elias

quote:
Originally posted by Elias:

I'm not sure how Opentopic determines when it sends out the PopIt notifications, but I'm pretty sure they get batched and sent out after a certain amount of time

Just replying to myself with an update - I discovered that the delay is about 15 minutes.

-Elias

Well it's still not working for me. Every now and then I get a pop it update on the MyPop Page but they seem to be for older posts not for the newer ones.

When I do a search for all of my posts, I can look at all the ones that I have popped and there are numerous messages after mine that were supposed to be popped and ain't.

Is anyone checking into this?

46113_400.jpg

The KGB

guy.gif