DeLorme Pn-60W Will Not Route

Hello all,

I bought my geo-sweetie a DeLorme PN-60w for Christmas and it's been very frustrating. After thinking I'd finally gotten everything figured out (TOPO 9, GSAK, getting the device to connect to the computer and getting PQ's to load to the device), I thought I was finally set. Nope. All of a sudden, the device decides it doesn't want to 'route' anything, anywhere, anytime! Previously, I was able to manually program in coordinates (Mystery caches) and navigate to the waypoint. Now, it won't route to a manually entered waypoint or a geocache from a PQ. I'm not certain, but I believe the trouble started when I tried to use the device to route to a geocache that I'd imported as part of the first PQ I loaded.

I think the device firmware version is 3.3.665680?? Also, when after that string of numbers it reads "/ OFF" (I added the quotes.) And finally, I switched my GPX setting to 1.0.1 as was suggested on a DeLorme tech support thread.

Help? Anyone? Anyone?

Hello all,

I bought my geo-sweetie a DeLorme PN-60w for Christmas and it's been very frustrating. After thinking I'd finally gotten everything figured out (TOPO 9, GSAK, getting the device to connect to the computer and getting PQ's to load to the device), I thought I was finally set. Nope. All of a sudden, the device decides it doesn't want to 'route' anything, anywhere, anytime! Previously, I was able to manually program in coordinates (Mystery caches) and navigate to the waypoint. Now, it won't route to a manually entered waypoint or a geocache from a PQ. I'm not certain, but I believe the trouble started when I tried to use the device to route to a geocache that I'd imported as part of the first PQ I loaded.

I think the device firmware version is 3.3.665680?? Also, when after that string of numbers it reads "/ OFF" (I added the quotes.) And finally, I switched my GPX setting to 1.0.1 as was suggested on a DeLorme tech support thread.

Help? Anyone? Anyone?

It's been awhile since I had my PN-40, but seem to remember that most of the default settings were not geocaching friendly. I think you need to turn the auto-routing on in one of the many sub-menus. The DeLorme forums are really terrific and you might get a more definitive answer over there.

All of a sudden, the device decides it doesn't want to 'route' anything, anywhere, anytime! Previously, I was able to manually program in coordinates (Mystery caches) and navigate to the waypoint. Now, it won't route to a manually entered waypoint or a geocache from a PQ.

Help? Anyone? Anyone?

Sounds like you will need to (carefully) go into hidden Support Mode on bootup to delete all existing route files. Please go to the Delorme forum for further suggestions.