Safari Software help

tehodge

Hello, I just purchased an Endura Safari that had software version 1.0.xxxxxx. I downloaded and and I thought installed software version 1.1.xxxxx but when I power cycled the unit (after taking out the SD card) I took notice that it was still showing software verion 1.0.xxxxx on it. Am I missing something?

Hello, I just purchased an Endura Safari that had software version 1.0.xxxxxx. I downloaded and and I thought installed software version 1.1.xxxxx but when I power cycled the unit (after taking out the SD card) I took notice that it was still showing software verion 1.0.xxxxx on it. Am I missing something?

If it has an SD card chances are you might be using one that is too big. Each device has a limit to the SD card size that it will take. I just fixed a friend marine gps and it wouldn't take any updates on a card bigger then 128mb those are hard to find now a days. Check the owners manual for the recommended sd card size and try again.

If it has an SD card chances are you might be using one that is too big. Each device has a limit to the SD card size that it will take. I just fixed a friend marine gps and it wouldn't take any updates on a card bigger then 128mb those are hard to find now a days. Check the owners manual for the recommended sd card size and try again.

The Safari will handle up to a 32 GB micro SD card.

Hi, Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I have been offline for a few days. In case you haven't gone to the Endura Support topic in the forums, here is my full disclosure.

Lowrance Lady here! I am not an employee of Lowrance, but am a long time geocacher and now a new member of the Lowrance Pro Staff with responsibility to support geocaching related forums and events.

My mission on the Geocaching Forum is to:

• reinforce Lowrance's focus on geocaching

• assist owners of Lowrance Outdoor GPS handheld devices, (i.e. Endura Sierra, Safari, and Out&Back,) with timely and accurate support and responses to forum posts

• Share information on product support and enhancements such as the recent Endura 1.5 software upgrade

I have been geocaching for almost 5 years, personally have over 1200 found caches, have created 13 new caches, and have been very active in the caching community during that time. I hope that this experience, my customer service background, and the direct connection I can provide to Lowrance technical support and product management will complement each other on this site.

I look forward to being a strong and positive contributor and resource for all Lowrance related questions and information.

So now that that is out of the way let's get on with your topic.

I will assume that you went to the following link to get information about the software updates for your Safari.

Endura Software updates

There are a couple of points that have not been updated or corrected since v1.5 was introduced. Below I have clarified them for you.

How to see if your Endura Sierra is already using version 1.5.1 software:

1. If it reads V 1.5.95881, then the update is current.

2.If it reads 1.5.94843 NA Safari', it is not complete and you will need to install 1.5.1.

3.If it reads 'V 1.4.xxxxx', then your update is not complete and you will need to complete V 1.5.1?

4.If your GPS unit reads 'V 1.2.xxxxx' or 'V 1.3.xxxxx', you will need to complete the V 1.4. Update prior to proceeding with the Endura 1.5.1 software update.

5.If your GPS unit reads 'V 1.0.xxxxx', you will need to complete the V 1.1 Update.

If you follow the instructions on the above link step by step, and my clarifications here you should have your Safari's software current.

Happy Caching...

Lowrance Pro Staffer, just trying to keep the facts on Endura correct.

I just bought a Lowrance on Sunday and had the same issue.

Try to reload it. If it won't let you, then it downloaded fine. When you do the next up date, 1.2 it will show up as 1.2 on the GPS. I had to delete each previous version on my sd card or it wouldn't up load the newr version to GPS. For whatever reason the first down load doesn’t change the version on the GPS like lowrance lady said there are a few up dates you can do.

I have the endura out and back (79 bucks, they had the safari for 99 but the on/off button was broke).

The latest version I found was 1.5.95881.

Edited by ROlson

I just bought a Lowrance on Sunday and had the same issue.

Try to reload it. If it won't let you, then it downloaded fine. When you do the next up date, 1.2 it will show up as 1.2 on the GPS. I had to delete each previous version on my sd card or it wouldn't up load the newr version to GPS. For whatever reason the first down load doesn’t change the version on the GPS like lowrance lady said there are a few up dates you can do.

I have the endura out and back (79 bucks, they had the safari for 99 but the on/off button was broke).

The latest version I found was 1.5.95881.

v1.5.95881 = v1.5.1 This is the most current update. I will always post new information and updates regarding Enduras to the topic titled "Lowrance Endura Support" in this forum. (GPS and Technology)

Lowrance Pro Staffer, just trying to keep the facts on Endura correct.