XGPS150 Bluetooth GPS -- gift for the Girl

Devoir

I'm buying the new external XGPS150 Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver for my Girl tonight. Thought it might be a nice addition to her Valentines Day gift. She already owns a Oregon 550t and I must say it does a good job or should I say a great job as a paperless device. I recently bought her an IPad2 WiFi only. She just loves the way it works, most importantly the large screen format, we have been using it with the Geocaching APP when we travel to see the descriptions or hints if we're stuck, then use the Oregon 550t to find the exact location.

I thought I would come back and post an update after we test drive it. I chose the XGPS150 because she's not very savvy on the Jail Brak'n and I've tried the RoqyBt with the iTouch 2nd Gen the app was decent but can be aggravating to re-sync a GPS device. I wanted a device to work as simply and reliably as her IPad 2.

Currently Own and use the following devices

XGPS150 this Feb 11

Itouch 3rd gen

IPad 2

Oregon 550t

Nuvi260w

I'm buying the new external XGPS150 Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver for my Girl tonight. Thought it might be a nice addition to her Valentines Day gift. She already owns a Oregon 550t and I must say it does a good job or should I say a great job as a paperless device. I recently bought her an IPad2 WiFi only. She just loves the way it works, most importantly the large screen format, we have been using it with the Geocaching APP when we travel to see the descriptions or hints if we're stuck, then use the Oregon 550t to find the exact location.

I thought I would come back and post an update after we test drive it. I chose the XGPS150 because she's not very savvy on the Jail Brak'n and I've tried the RoqyBt with the iTouch 2nd Gen the app was decent but can be aggravating to re-sync a GPS device. I wanted a device to work as simply and reliably as her IPad 2.

XGPS150 this Feb 11

Itouch 3rd gen

IPad 2

Oregon 550t

Nuvi260w

I have the same setup. I really like how easily the XGPS150 integrates with the iPad2, but I wish the apps were a little better.

I really like iPlunder HD for the true paperless geocaching experience...except you can't download maps for offline use, so you need a 3G connection to see the maps. (some maps can be cached, but you don't know for sure which ones) If this one allowed you to download maps for offline use, it would be perfect.

I also really like MotionX HD for the great offline maps. It allows you to import GPX files (but the current limit is 505 caches) and you don't get the full cache page...just 2 lines...so I use the cache name (Terr/dif) in line 1 and Hint in line 2

I'm also looking at GaiaGPS and Galileo, but they're also primarily about mapping and using GPX files for tracks, not caches.

Let me know how it goes for you guys...

Edited by Triple Crown

XGPS150 this Feb 11

Itouch 3rd gen

IPad 2

Oregon 550t

Nuvi260w

I'm buying the new external XGPS150 Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver for me

In the application geocaching for ipad2 the accuracy indicate 10 meter or 32 feet !!! Normal ? If use GPS internal in my iPhone 4s accuracy is 5 meter or 16 feet

The specification xgps150 write 2.5 meter accuracy

You are this problem ???

Daniel