Geochecker

AnetteM

Are you aware of the problem with Geochecker on the site? Or is it only in Denmark we have the problem?

This is what's posted when you try to connect with Geochecker:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /geo_inputchkcoord.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 Phusion_Passenger/3.0.9 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at geotjek.dk Port 80

AnetteM

The message I am getting in the US is:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: User simusi_mysql already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /home/simusi/public_html/index.php on line 416

Could not connect : User simusi_mysql already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

Hopefully the site will be back soon.

Hi

We have the same kind of a problem in France...

Here is the message I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function bindtextdomain() in /home/geocachi/public_html/geocheck/global.php on line 33

When trying to connect on geocheck.org, I get the same error message, as follows:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function bindtextdomain() in /home/geocachi/public_html/geocheck/global.php on line 33

Who could help us?

just realised that geocheck is not on my cache page anymore went to www.geocheck.org which led me to this(hopefully they get it up and running again, so many puzzle caches are dependent on it):

Server outage

Unfortunately, GeoCheck has become so popular, my service provider shutdown the site due to inappropriate CPU/RAM usage. I am working hard to restore service ASAP.

A status update:

A generous offer by the Danish geocaching community seemed promising: They had a server they did not use any longer, which they offered me. Unfortunately, this server has no gettext functionality, which is used throughout GeoCheck to translate the site and have no plans to implement gettext globally.

I am enquiring whether Coolhandle (the service provider of the new server) can upgrade the server to a solution allowing custom php builds.

I am also enquiring as to the price of upgrading my package with the old service provider; site5, who are also preparing a backup file to allow me to transfer GeoCheck to a service provider of my choice.

Ultimately, a new server of my own would be desireable, however I only have 1 mbit upload with my current ISP, and no experiece at all setting up a custom server. Thus, the latter solution is not suitable for the current crisis.

I hope to restore the service as soon as possible, and apologize for the outage!

(So I don't think that it's working anywhere atm)

Edited by kamikaze cacher