Showing number of stages with multi-cache icon?

Trinius

When I travel to somewhere I like to search some caches without spending too much time on them. That means that I mostly disregard multi-caches because they might be too time consuming. But there are great differences between them. A two-stage cache might be ok for me in this situation, a seven-stage one not.

So: Is it technically very difficult to show the number of stages with the multi-icon? Would be a great help.

Regards, Trinius

When I travel to somewhere I like to search some caches without spending too much time on them. That means that I mostly disregard multi-caches because they might be too time consuming. But there are great differences between them. A two-stage cache might be ok for me in this situation, a seven-stage one not.

So: Is it technically very difficult to show the number of stages with the multi-icon? Would be a great help.

Regards, Trinius

There's the "takes less than an hour" Attribute.

In addition to the "Takes Less Than an Hour" attribute, you could look for multi-caches with low difficulty/terrain ratings, or for multi-caches with other attributes that imply that the cache won't take long, for example:

Recommended for Kids

NOT Significant Hike

Park and Grab

Short Hike (Less than 1km)

Tourist Friendly

Wheelchair Accessible

If you're looking for caches to not spend much time on while traveling, I'd avoid non-researched multi-caches all-together.

For example: if you're coming to the GONIL area around Chicago, there's ABOUT 12,400 caches (last PQ pull I did on Jan 26 had 12,371). If you filter it down to not temp-disabled, Tradition or Letterbox, that's about 10,676 - about 86.3% of the caches. So when I travel unless I really have the time to research a cache I'm likely to avoid multis, mysteries and other caches that might be "unknown" in how long they'd take. You can also filter down the terrain and difficulty. If you're really looking for a quick fix, grab the ones with the Park-and-Grab attribute (of the 10,676 caches above, 763 have that attribute).