Pointers to objects and characters

a_snail

Hi

I have a number of cartridges I created a while ago that rely on knowing where an object is, eg the geocache container. Having spent the afternoon playing a Wherigo with two people that were using iPhones, I see that you can't navigate to an object or character because there are no pointers, and for zones you have to select a specific zone to see a pointer.

Are there any plans to make the iPhone player

a. have pointers to objects and characters

b. have the ability to see all the zones / objects/ characters and in which direction they are by looking at an arrow

Are other people suffering from this and how have you resolved the issue?

My guess is everything where you need to know where something is needs to be a zone, and you can't have a situation where you need to be aware of the location of two things at the same time(in my case to avoid them).

Are people making special iPhone versions of their wherigos to get round the limitations as a temporary fix until the iPhone can support the original version?

Thanks

A_Snail

I agree. I have noticed this as well. It would be helpful to help a user navigate to a specific thing (item), like a physical hidden element. I've implemented a few very tiny locations/zones to try and work around the missing functionality, but some users are confused by these tiny zones and spend time trying to get inside to trigger something, when really they should be looking for a physical element/item.