Watch List Sorting/Grouping

snarfblat

Hi... I was thinking that it'd be nice to be able to (a) group caches that are in your watch list into groups of your design (e.g. "Near Black Rock Desert"), and (:P to be able to sort them by distance from your home location in addition to how they're already sorted alphabetically.

I also second the idea for grouping by quadrant when searching for new caches, as posted by somebody else in this area.

Thanks!

Rob

Exactly! I'm trying to come up with good ways to organize caching trips, and it's kinda difficult how it is now. Between the caches found within X miles of a given location, and with them coming up in all different directions, it's actually easier to just do the Map feature and hunt them that way.

But then you have to keep track on paper which ones are which, since you might have others in your watch list already. I'd be nice to have "folders" to store watched caches in so they can be better organized for a particular area.

What would REALLY be nice, but as a programmer I know how much of a PITA this would be, and I think I saw somebody post about this already, would be to enter in a given route... say, "I-80 from Reno to Winnemucca" and a distance from route, say, five miles, and have it spit out a list of all caches found along that route, within five miles of I-80. That's asking for a lot, so I'll just leave it as a, "really nice to have" for a long time down the road when the developers are bored enough to try it. icon_smile.gif

Rob

(writes e-commerce type web apps for a living)

Exactly! I'm trying to come up with good ways to organize caching trips, and it's kinda difficult how it is now. Between the caches found within X miles of a given location, and with them coming up in all different directions, it's actually easier to just do the Map feature and hunt them that way.

But then you have to keep track on paper which ones are which, since you might have others in your watch list already. I'd be nice to have "folders" to store watched caches in so they can be better organized for a particular area.

What would REALLY be nice, but as a programmer I know how much of a PITA this would be, and I think I saw somebody post about this already, would be to enter in a given route... say, "I-80 from Reno to Winnemucca" and a distance from route, say, five miles, and have it spit out a list of all caches found along that route, within five miles of I-80. That's asking for a lot, so I'll just leave it as a, "really nice to have" for a long time down the road when the developers are bored enough to try it. icon_smile.gif

Rob

(writes e-commerce type web apps for a living)

I have no use for sorting, but I'd really like to see the cache status indicated on the list. Caches that have been temporarily deactivated would have strike-through text, and archived caches could be in red. I usually don't immediately remove a cache when it's been archived, because there often one or more follow-up logs that get posted.

PS_sig.gif