Dakota 20 and profiles

Scorpio49

Dakota 20 with City Navigator on SD card, with Georgia Topo installed internally.

If I am geocaching should I set up a profiel using CN for automotive to utilize the route to the cache and then set up a profile for geocaching by truning off CN and enabling the topo?

Right now all maps are enabled:  CN, Worldwide autoroute basemap, GA Topo, Worldwide Basemap and Digital Globe

What should I have enabled/disabled for an Auto profile or a Geocaching profile?

If I have GA topo do I need basemap and digital globe installed?

I have the Dakota 20 and have to warn you that it is not the best for automotive use. It can get you there but doesn't always recognize things like one-way streets nor does it keep to main roads. That may be due to the maps I'm using (Open Street Map rather than CN), I really don't know. Just today I had it routing me through a bunch of residential streets to a parking lot that was close to the cache I was targeting. My Nuvi took me right to the parking lot of the business where the cache was located. In addition, the warning beeps for upcoming turns give you little to no time to react which requires you to keep an eye on the screen rather than the road. That said, when you've selected a geocache you can switch it to "navigate by road" w/o having to switch profiles. Hope that helps.