New Montana 650... "Cant Unlock Maps"

rchwallace

Do you have a "gmapsupp.img" file or other map loaded on your mass storage (internal unit memory)? I'm assuming you do and if it's not a "T" model it should probably be deleted (after proper backup on your computer just in case). Did you purchase the unit new? Used?

Edited by yogazoo

Do you have a "gmapsupp.img" file or other map loaded on your mass storage (internal unit memory)? I'm assuming you do and if it's not a "T" model it should probably be deleted (after proper backup on your computer just in case). Did you purchase the unit new? Used?

Hey,

Ya for sure I have one for the world wide basemap. Are you sure? ... ;). I thought that it was just the generic basemap for the unit and not the topo version.

I will give it a try as I have something else I would like there anyway... Backed up first of course.

Cheers

Sorry, I meant other map as in something renamed such as CityNavigator.img or InlandLakes.img. The problem isn't with the gmapbmap.img or the gmaptz.img

My guess is that your trying to get city nav (gmapprom.img or gmapsupp.img) to run on your unit that was registered on another unit. It won't work.

Edited by yogazoo

Hey thanks guys worked great. Yes what had happened is when I connected it with the Mapsoftware that loaded the city navigator stuff to my 60csx it allowed me to load then on... So I thought, honest mistake as I was not trying to get it for free... Bought the new city Nav as well as the back roads, lakes, and topo but hadn't really thought it out that well as the backroad maps are far superior for hiking and geocaching, the topo are only ok and I have a gps in my car... But I may use the city when traveling...

Anyway works fine now thanks.