White Screen

gtojerry

Hello everyone, I sent my Out&Back in and Lowrance sent me a replacement with the current 1.5.94843 firmware. I've been testing it and comparing it to my Garmin Venture HC. So far I'm having fun geocaching with the Out&Back but have run into a few minor problems that I would like to run by everyone to see if I can fix it.

1. First off I have the GPS set for "Track Up" and set for "Closest" using the touch screen.

When I press "Menu", Find", "Geocaches", "Show All" Touch a cache name... Now the problem...

I get a white blank screen with the cache name at the top and the "Arrow up & Down" on the bottom left screen and "Back" on the bottom right... If I hit back then touch the cache again I get the same thing..

What I have to do to get the cache information is back all the out to the menu screen and start over then it comes up just fine... I have tried it not using the touch screen and use the "Mark" and the up & down buttons and it seems it doesn't do it as much...

2. When ever I start heading for a cache I have to walk 25 to 35 paces which would be about 30 to 50 feet before I can get the pointer and compass to respond, the numbers telling me how far to the cache works fine... So lets say you walk south past the cache, the both the pointer and compass will still contine to point south for about 25 feet then turn, but as soon as I walk by the cache the numbers will instantly start counting up in numbers like it should... so I'm having a problem with slugish or lazy pointer and compass not really a good thing geocaching...

Problem one is just a slight problem but problem 2 is a problem because I like to walk a large square around a cache sometimes to zero it in... I did find all the caches I was looking for today so I'm really happy..

Edited by gtojerry

Hello everyone, I sent my Out&Back in and Lowrance sent me a replacement with the current 1.5.94843 firmware. I've been testing it and comparing it to my Garmin Venture HC. So far I'm having fun geocaching with the Out&Back but have run into a few minor problems that I would like to run by everyone to see if I can fix it.

1. First off I have the GPS set for "Track Up" and set for "Closest" using the touch screen.

When I press "Menu", Find", "Geocaches", "Show All" Touch a cache name... Now the problem...

I get a white blank screen with the cache name at the top and the "Arrow up & Down" on the bottom left screen and "Back" on the bottom right... If I hit back then touch the cache again I get the same thing..

What I have to do to get the cache information is back all the out to the menu screen and start over then it comes up just fine... I have tried it not using the touch screen and use the "Mark" and the up & down buttons and it seems it doesn't do it as much...

2. When ever I start heading for a cache I have to walk 25 to 35 paces which would be about 30 to 50 feet before I can get the pointer and compass to respond, the numbers telling me how far to the cache works fine... So lets say you walk south past the cache, the both the pointer and compass will still contine to point south for about 25 feet then turn, but as soon as I walk by the cache the numbers will instantly start counting up in numbers like it should... so I'm having a problem with slugish or lazy pointer and compass not really a good thing geocaching...

Problem one is just a slight problem but problem 2 is a problem because I like to walk a large square around a cache sometimes to zero it in... I did find all the caches I was looking for today so I'm really happy..

Hi Jerry,

I think the first thing you need to do is update your O&B to 1.5.95881, (AKA v1.5.1). That will probably cure your 2nd issue.

The first issue is not the typical "white screen" symptoms. White screen typically has nothing on it, but you can hear the clicks when you touch the screen. That is a terminal condition. Your description of the problem is a good sign. I will do some research on this and get back to you.

Did your replacement unit come with a 6 month warranty?

Penny

Lowrance Pro Staffer, just trying to keep the facts on Endura correct.

Hi Penny, I have went and got the new firmware update and installed it and will try it geocaching on Thursday. I see on TV that we had solar flares the past few days which can mess with electronic equipment so let me test this out tomorrow and see what happens... Thanks for letting me know about the update. Jerry

Hi Penny, I have went and got the new firmware update and installed it and will try it geocaching on Thursday. I see on TV that we had solar flares the past few days which can mess with electronic equipment so let me test this out tomorrow and see what happens... Thanks for letting me know about the update. Jerry

So far the update took care of the white screen problem, I still need to see if the compass part works, the area I was caching was under high voltage lines and the GPS was giving false readsing so I'll take it out this week and see what happens...

So far the update took care of the white screen problem, I still need to see if the compass part works, the area I was caching was under high voltage lines and the GPS was giving false readsing so I'll take it out this week and see what happens...

Penny I sent you a PM with the results...

Jerry