Wherigo catridge d/l on Android for Whereyougo

Mouz

Maybe you can help me with a problem using the tool "Whereyougo" for Android. I've tried several times to download and start a catridge (pocket pc format) on my Nexus Galaxy but all the time it says "catridge not valid". Then I found an article saying you have to download catridges using your pc, since the online download don't work for Android devices. So here's my question: Is there a chance to d/l a catridge while being in the fields with the mobile itself?

Since I usually don't plan my caching tours and decide spontaneously to do a cache or WIG this would be disappointing. Or Maybe the WIG developer could implement an Android friendly download option on their homepage :)

Thanks for any feedback!

Mouz

Hi and welcome to the Wherigo forum.

You might want to look at the forum set up specifically for WhereYouGo or contact the author directly.

Officially, this is something planned for the Wherigo site. I'm not quite sure when Groundspeak will start developing Wherigo again, but it is supposed to be some time this year. This is definitely one of the things they want to implement.

Maybe you can help me with a problem using the tool "Whereyougo" for Android. I've tried several times to download and start a catridge (pocket pc format) on my Nexus Galaxy but all the time it says "catridge not valid". Then I found an article saying you have to download catridges using your pc, since the online download don't work for Android devices. So here's my question: Is there a chance to d/l a catridge while being in the fields with the mobile itself?

Since I usually don't plan my caching tours and decide spontaneously to do a cache or WIG this would be disappointing. Or Maybe the WIG developer could implement an Android friendly download option on their homepage :)

Thanks for any feedback!

Mouz

Hi Mouz,

Direct download doesn't work with the browser provided with android. IT WORKS WITH OPERA MOBILE! (But not with Opera mini!)

docfred

Hi docfred,

Thank you for the hint, I will try opera mobile ;)

And sorry that I thought this problem might fit into the "Wherigo Topics" section of Groundspeak since I found other Android topics here. I didn't know about the other forum, but will use it for further questions.

Best regards,

Mouz

I looked through the rest of the forum (I do not have an Android phone) and found this information for you. To visit that particular thread and learn more, click the looping arrow icon to the left of the quote's header.

here is how to do it with a android straight from the internet with out the computer. You need to get 2 apps, (firefox mobile) and (Download all files) both from the market and free.

once you have these on your phone go to firefox go to the Wherigo site and download the cart for Pocket PC. then a option box will pop up choose the program ---download all files. then it will ask where you want to put it select the whereyougo directory (should be all the way at the bottom) and click start download. Thats it. it gets easier after you do a few.

Have Fun!

I looked through the rest of the forum (I do not have an Android phone) and found this information for you. To visit that particular thread and learn more, click the looping arrow icon to the left of the quote's header.

here is how to do it with a android straight from the internet with out the computer. You need to get 2 apps, (firefox mobile) and (Download all files) both from the market and free.

once you have these on your phone go to firefox go to the Wherigo site and download the cart for Pocket PC. then a option box will pop up choose the program ---download all files. then it will ask where you want to put it select the whereyougo directory (should be all the way at the bottom) and click start download. Thats it. it gets easier after you do a few.

Have Fun!

Have Fun!

OK- im so computer dumb that I cant even figure how how to thank the original poster and the reposter for this! I have tried to download to my phone for the last two hours with no success. Was about to to give up and found this! Thank you ~ I am about to play my first game!

Edited by michelle1707

There are two ways to thank people, michelle170. First is what you did: posting a thank-you note. Second is by clicking on the person's name and contacting them from their geocaching.com profile page. If the person frequents this forum, the former is preferable; if not, the latter.

By the way, I now have an Android tablet. I had to get one so I had access to something that ran the Android OS.