Grouping Caches

Mr Elusive

Hi all

I've done a search of the forums and I can't see any suggestions of "grouping caches". Rings of caches are quite visible when searching on the map, but the individual caches of that ring could still be somehow linked officially to each other.

As CO, I'd like to be able to group some of my caches together in a series (that aren't in a geographical ring), because they are of a certain theme for example. Perhaps when you click on a cache on the map that belongs to a series, all the other caches within that series are highlighted?

You could take it further and have a statistic on your profile for how many and which series you've completed?

What do you guys think? I can't remember how to access the page for submitting requests to Groundspeak!

Mr E

This would be a lot more useful than the proposed "Series" attribute. (What good is a "Series" attribute without being able to find which series, and to find the other caches in that series?)

For now, you can create links to all the caches in a series, and include those links in the descriptions of all the caches in the series. Or you can create a public bookmark list of all the caches in the series.

That's a good idea about creating a public bookmark for a series, I'll have to use that in the meantime.

I'd still like to see a particular series highlighted or differentiated on a map somehow.

Does the Groundspeak webpage still exist where you can submit ideas (for the website as an example) and people vote on them to be actioned?

Does the Groundspeak webpage still exist where you can submit ideas (for the website as an example) and people vote on them to be actioned?
No. Groundspeak closed their UserVoice page. Instead, suggestions for the web site should be posted here, in the Discussions with Groundspeak> Geocaching.com Website forum.