Cacheme App on Nokia / Symbian phone

Dibbleys

Hi guys

I have just downloaded and installed the Cacheme App for my Nokia X6.

It seems like the best app on this platform that I have tried, but for some reason I can only get it to work via my wifi connection. My contract internet (Wap) is working fine on the phone, but for some reason Cacheme will not connect to it. Is there anyone out there who has overcome a similar problem that could give me some advice.

Thanks

Dibbleys

Hi

Solved this one myself.

Make a note of the wifi settings on your phone, then delete them. The next time you start up Cacheme you will get a prompt on how you would like to connect (this was not happening with a wifi connection saved on the phone) Choose your normal connection that you would use for the internet and providing you have a good signal, it should work a treat. You can then re-instate your wifi settings onto your phone and it should all run as normal :rolleyes:

Hi

After tuesday 14th February server geocaching update my aplication CacheMe doesnt work.

(Error: Host required authentification.) Where I can allow access for this application?

I search on my account, I cannot find anything to accept.

Thanks.

N.o.e.

Hi there.

Yes the app has stopped working due to the map upgrade on the 14th Feb. Till the author has all of the latest on when it will be up and running again at this link

My link

Looks like 2-3 weeks before up and running again properly.

Please let me know if you find out anything more

Cheers

Dibbleys