Send to GPS

P_Valles

The software for the GC is crap. Very few people actually get it to work. So rather then going in one cache at a time and using the send to GPS download the .loc file. Do your normal search for caches. You will notice that the caches all have a check box next to them. Check off the ones you want and hit the Download Waypoints button at the bottom of the page. This will allow you to download up to 20 caches in a single .loc file. Then use a program like GSAK or EasyGPS to open the file and save it as a .gpx file. Then all you have to do is plug your GPSr into your PC. Open the unit like its an external drive and navigate to the Geocaching folder. Drop your newly created .gpx file into that folder and your good to go.

Explorist is from Magellen, yes?

I know someone else on here was having trouble with their Magellen unit and the "Send to GPS" function. There is another thread somewhere about, I believe the user was called "losers weepers" or something to that effect, but I cannot recall the name of the thread. I can't really recall how they fixed it either, but I know they did it a different way.

The one time I used it with my Garmin it worked okay. Not great. Sometimes it couldn't find the GPS so I'd hit "cancel" and do it again.

Explorist is from Magellen, yes?

I know someone else on here was having trouble with their Magellen unit and the "Send to GPS" function. There is another thread somewhere about, I believe the user was called "losers weepers" or something to that effect, but I cannot recall the name of the thread. I can't really recall how they fixed it either, but I know they did it a different way.

The one time I used it with my Garmin it worked okay. Not great. Sometimes it couldn't find the GPS so I'd hit "cancel" and do it again.

Went thru this today with my little toy Explorist GC.Lucked out and got thru to a Magellan tech.on the phone,think maybe a one shot deal and next calls would evolve some mula,the tech was offshore and very savy and easy to understand. ok here goes go to ie and type in www.magellangps.com/ when there open outdoor products,Magellan Explorist GC,Software and download the Magellan Communicator,i had to click the save button but i guess you can try the run botton first, thene i opened gc.com and picked a cache to download[send to gps and the communacator box opens and press download and it should tell you if you were successful.