Make Their Dreams Come True Mission

kdv

I was thinking of setting up a mission myself too. Here's the idea:

When participating in a coin mission, I especially like the process of researching my recipient and their (coin) preferences, therefore this would be the most important aspect of this mission. The person creating the mission will do their utmost to find coins that will make the recipient drool with pleasure.

Names will NOT be assigned at random. Instead, every participant will provide an indication of what he or she likes coin-wise and in general. All participants will get the full list of names with additional info and when they get inspiration reading about one of the participants, they let me know and the assignment will be made official, if the name hasn't been taken by someone else yet (because I will keep the specific assignments a secret, to maintain the suprise factor).

Here are the requirements to participate:

- Send at least 2 unactivated trackable coins, of which at least one must be based on specific preferences of the recipient.

- You must be willing to do some research to pick the perfect coin(s)!

- You must be willing and able to post pictures in the mission thread upon receipt of your mission. (It's not that hard!)

- You must be willing to ship internationally (this means participants from all over the world are invited to join in).

- Adding additional gifts/swag/gadgets is of course allowed, and especially encouraged if it specifically suits the recipient.

- I almost forgot: of course you must also be willing to provide some information regarding your (coin) preferences, the more the better. "I like everything" won't cut it this time.

Timelines to be determined at a later stage. And I am planning to participate myself too.

Edited by kdv

In general I'm interested because I try that in missions too. Problem is in my eyes that if you really want to have the dream coins sent it can be really expensive or even impossible to purchase these coins. If I just check the "Top Five Sought After" thread were the people usually post their dream wish list you find mostly mystery coins or coins that costs in a lot of cases more than 50$ on the eplace (sometimes even more than 100$).

Don't get me wrong. I still think this is a really great idea!!

One additional question: what happens for example when there is no one who can make a dream of one participant come true?

In general I'm interested because I try that in missions too. Problem is in my eyes that if you really want to have the dream coins sent it can be really expensive or even impossible to purchase these coins. If I just check the "Top Five Sought After" thread were the people usually post their dream wish list you find mostly mystery coins or coins that costs in a lot of cases more than 50$ on the eplace (sometimes even more than 100$).

Don't get me wrong. I still think this is a really great idea!!

One additional question: what happens for example when there is no one who can make a dream of one participant come true?

Good points! Actually 'making their dreams come true' is a bit much to ask for. I just want to set up a mission where the main focus is doing the reasearch instead of sendinga random coins. I know a lot of people have been doing this in other mission anyway, but here it is the main point. It is definitely not meant to set up people to lose (or gain!) a fortune. So the wish lists should not be too specific and/or too short. No use in only providing a list containing Mountainbike V1/V2/.. and similar coins. But if someone likes animal coins, that shouldn't be too hard to accomodate. Let's stick to common sense and reasonable budgets!

This should also help answer your last question: dreams shouldn't be (next to) impossibile to make true. If someone really wants some very hard to get coin, of course they can put it on their wish list (you never know!), but there should be more feasibile options too.

The other important aspect of this mission is the reporting back part. Pictures will be compulsary. A mere "Mission received" statement will not do the trick this time :)

And actually I might be considering making this an ongoing mission, instead of one with fixed deadlines. Naturally on a (more or less) 'first come, first served' basis, so that someone who signs up in January won't have to wait until December for something to happen. More input is appreciated!

Edited by kdv