Montana - Garmin premium voice and vehicle bundles

yogazoo

FYI for everyone to save your money on the voice and vehicle bundles if you own a Garmin Montana. My daughter loved the free "Squirrely" voice and thought I'd get her the Bert and Ernie voice to travel to and from Grandmas house around the holidays. After trying and failing to download and use the Star Wars Yoda voice I thought I'd try the Bert and Ernie bundle. Neither works with the Montana despite being on the compatibility list.

I'll give them a week, try another download and if it doesn't work I think I'll probably call Garmin to get a refund on both premium voice and vehicle bundles. $30 Garmin could be missing out on for a virtual product (near 100% profit).

I just thought I'd spare others the hassle of attempting the download time and again thinking something's wrong on your end. Purchase voice and vehicle bundles for the Garmin Montana at your own risk until Garmin fixes it (if they do).

Edited by yogazoo

And to be clear I contacted Garmin a few weeks ago regarding this issue with the Yoda bundle and they eluded to there being a problem on their end serving up the right files. I called a few days after that and product support said the issue was with the Montana firmware (doubtful) . What is for certain is that the problem is with Garmin and not the end user.

ADDED: Just to cover my bases I tried with explorer8 and firefox with the same result.

I know, I know, it's a silly issue and I can definately live without special voices. I just hate paying for something that doesn't work and then spending time both trying to get it to work and then again calling to get a refund. I started this thread to apprise others, see how many have experienced this problem, and to provide a place to report a fix of the issue (if it happens).

Thanks

Edited by yogazoo

UPDATE:

Garmin has positively identified the problem and will be fixing it one way or the other before too long. Either in a firmware fix or a website fix. My guess would be unit software. Probably within a few weeks another beta will likely be released that allows for the proper downloading of premium voice and vehicle bundles.

Another success story dealing with the Montana Software Team. Those guys are on the freakin ball, with a little help from their beta testers (all of us) of course! ;)