Paperless Question(s)

Greymalkin

So I managed recently to lose *sob* the Archos tablet I've been using to do my paperless caching with, and am now looking for a replacement. I could go with the same thing (a 4.3) again, but figured I might as well explore my options a bit, so here I am seeking advice. I have only three requirements and one nice-but-not-necessary.

The primary function is going to be paperless, so it has to be able to store and display cache information as painlessly as possible even without GPS. I have a Mac (which is not going to change and I'm not going to fiddle around with an emulator) so please nothing that requires programs (like GSAK) limited to the IBM platform. If it's a tablet or something that will run GSAK on its own, okay. I'm presuming this means Android, but I'm open to other ideas, as long as it's nothing that requires paying for a monthly data plan or similar.

It can't be too expensive, as in should be under $300.

I'm going to be carrying it around, especially on hiking/biking trails, so it can't be anything huge. I'll happily get a protective case for it and I'm not planning to toss it around or drop it off cliffs, but nothing ridiculously fragile, either.

It would be great (but not essential) if it either had onboard GPS or would connect, via bluetooth or some other means, with my little Qstarz.

So I managed recently to lose *sob* the Archos tablet I've been using to do my paperless caching with, and am now looking for a replacement. I could go with the same thing (a 4.3) again, but figured I might as well explore my options a bit, so here I am seeking advice. I have only three requirements and one nice-but-not-necessary.

The primary function is going to be paperless, so it has to be able to store and display cache information as painlessly as possible even without GPS. I have a Mac (which is not going to change and I'm not going to fiddle around with an emulator) so please nothing that requires programs (like GSAK) limited to the IBM platform. If it's a tablet or something that will run GSAK on its own, okay. I'm presuming this means Android, but I'm open to other ideas, as long as it's nothing that requires paying for a monthly data plan or similar.

It can't be too expensive, as in should be under $300.

I'm going to be carrying it around, especially on hiking/biking trails, so it can't be anything huge. I'll happily get a protective case for it and I'm not planning to toss it around or drop it off cliffs, but nothing ridiculously fragile, either.

It would be great (but not essential) if it either had onboard GPS or would connect, via bluetooth or some other means, with my little Qstarz.

I have a Megallan Triton 500 and their Vantage Point maps. Vantage Point/Magellan and Groundspeak are partners, and I can download my PQ's from here directly to my unit flawlessly. I have less than $200 invested in my paperless unit bundle pack.