Montana Power on problem when used with Vehicle Cradle

Alfresco2006

What version is your firmware? I've had persistent power cycle problems with the cradle in the past (white crash screen, failure to boot up). I have used my unit in the cradle using the latest round of beta's (versions not yet released via web-updater) and operation seems pretty smooth. I forget if others having problems (and I know there are some) have seen them go away in the latest beta versions. Anyone confirm?

I haven't seen a white screen in weeks now - running the latest beta, 3.97 on my Montana, and the latest web updater version on my wife's 650. Power source we use is the Rugged Mount on motorcycles and the Powered Dash Mount in the car.

What version is your firmware? I've had persistent power cycle problems with the cradle in the past (white crash screen, failure to boot up). I have used my unit in the cradle using the latest round of beta's (versions not yet released via web-updater) and operation seems pretty smooth. I forget if others having problems (and I know there are some) have seen them go away in the latest beta versions. Anyone confirm?

I haven't seen a white screen in weeks now - running the latest beta, 3.97 on my Montana, and the latest web updater version on my wife's 650. Power source we use is the Rugged Mount on motorcycles and the Powered Dash Mount in the car.

Thanks for the tip, I just installed 3.97 beta and I'll give it a shot this week to see how it responds. Hopefully I'll have the same results as you.

Thanks for the tip, I just installed 3.97 beta and I'll give it a shot this week to see how it responds. Hopefully I'll have the same results as you.

Just make sure if you do see a white screen, take all power cables off, or take the Montana off its cradle if you're using one, and hold the power button in for 20 seconds to shut it down properly. If you take the battery out to shut it down, you'll probably continue to see the white screen more often.