[BUG] Beta Maps Not Displaying - December 13th, 2011

FredPhil96

I'll start paying attention to the time, but it's going to be around 7 or 8 PM central time. What I see is the normal screen with the sidebar on the left. The area where the map normally displays remains a blank grey. The beta version pop up doesn't come up either. down at the bottom of the page is a bunch code that looks like html stuff. Thanks for the help.

I just checked each of the servers and all are correctly serving up the map. If you see this issue again, I recommend backing up a page to the previous page you were on and viewing the page source in the browser to see which server you are on (since this info is not included on the map page itself) and then posting that information for us. The server is indicated at the very bottom of the page source.

I also recommend clearing out your browser cache, as it's possible your browser is holding on to a bad copy of the map.

I just checked each of the servers and all are correctly serving up the map. If you see this issue again, I recommend backing up a page to the previous page you were on and viewing the page source in the browser to see which server you are on (since this info is not included on the map page itself) and then posting that information for us. The server is indicated at the very bottom of the page source.

I also recommend clearing out your browser cache, as it's possible your browser is holding on to a bad copy of the map.

I can confirm I was seeing exactly the same thing last night. It had been working fine since the last update, but last night it displayed the described symptoms: map missing, large chunk of code at the bottom of the page. Refreshing and restarting the browser didn't work. I didn't try it earlier today, but when I tried it just now, it was working.

I don't lnowif this might help...

I logged a few finds yesterday, and then I checked the Beta maps to get an idea of how many caches there still are in my area that I could find. The Beta maps didn't update to show which caches I found. After reopening the map, it still didn't show. But, when I checked it this morning (South African Time), it showed.