COMPLETED - [FEATURE] Add published or edited dates to Knowledge Book articles

Pup Patrol

The Knowledge Books Help Center section is a fantastic resource. I appreciate the work that went into creating them and the way they are organized.

There is a sticky in the "Geocaching Topics" forum that outlined additions to the Knowledge Books Help Center, but that hasn't been updated since August of this year:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=263944

What I am requesting is that the appropriate dates (originally published, edited) be added to each Knowledge Book Help Center article page.

(If an article is edited more than once, it would be nice to see the history of those edits.)

timing is everything...I liked the original name "Knowledge Books", but I guess "Help Center" it is as of today's update.

Now, if I could only edit the title of this thread....LOL

Edited by Pup Patrol

The Knowledge Books Help Center section is a fantastic resource. I appreciate the work that went into creating them and the way they are organized.

There is a sticky in the "Geocaching Topics" forum that outlined additions to the Knowledge Books Help Center, but that hasn't been updated since August of this year:

http://forums.Ground...howtopic=263944

What I am requesting is that the appropriate dates (originally published, edited) be added to each Knowledge Book Help Center article page.

(If an article is edited more than once, it would be nice to see the history of those edits.)

timing is everything...I liked the original name "Knowledge Books", but I guess "Help Center" it is as of today's update.

Now, if I could only edit the title of this thread....LOL

Some good points here. Help Center is more apt because it contains the Knowledge Books and access to an email portal. There will be an update to that page going out very shortly.

To your point about the updated KB pages, we understand that having a list of updated or added articles would be helpful to users who are subscribed to that thread. Maintaining this thread, however, has become far more involved, as there are now a team of lackeys that contribute to the various sections of the KB. Point taken, however, and we can discuss whether or not to continue updating this thread or another like it. We do not have a way of reporting on previous version of the KB articles.

Thanks!

What about simply telling each editor of a Knowledge Book page to end their update with a text line for "Date of last edit: __________" followed by a text line for "Summary of edit: ____________"? This would slowly fix the problem as articles are updated going forward, and requires no change to the third-party software.

What about simply telling each editor of a Knowledge Book page to end their update with a text line for "Date of last edit: __________" followed by a text line for "Summary of edit: ____________"? This would slowly fix the problem as articles are updated going forward, and requires no change to the third-party software.

Yup. Like it. We are discussing all options. There is a large group that contribute so we need consensus. Will keep you posted.

Oh, well, that's a great idea. Simple and elegant.

Thanks, Keystone.

Oh, well, that's a great idea. Simple and elegant.

Thanks, Keystone.

Agreed - do not despair yet.

Done!

We will continue to use this thread to update our users to additions of edits to the Knowledge Books. In addition we will add a manual time-stamp to each edited or added page. This practice will start now, and will affect subsequently updated or added pages.

We thank you for alerting us to this gap in our communications with you, our caching community members.

Cheers!