cannot access geocaching.com

oracle :)

Hi there

I used to be able to access www.geocaching.com from my personal laptop but have not been able to for a while now. I have tried on other laptops which are using the same router and cannot access site from those either.

I have no trouble at all accessing the site on other computers in other locations (eg at work), and I was able to access the site using my laptop when I took it into work.

Is it possible that my home IP address had been blocked ? and is this fixable ?

I would be grateful for any help & advice, but please note that I am not particularly 'techie'

Annie - theotheroracle

Hi there

I used to be able to access www.geocaching.com from my personal laptop but have not been able to for a while now. I have tried on other laptops which are using the same router and cannot access site from those either.

I have no trouble at all accessing the site on other computers in other locations (eg at work), and I was able to access the site using my laptop when I took it into work.

I would be grateful for any help & advice, but please note that I am not particularly 'techie'

Annie - theotheroracle

need some info here...do you get any message relating to your attempt to access site?

can you access other sites? eg Google?

if so, what happens when you Google search Geocaching...can you access through the link?

Hi there

Annie - theotheroracle

need some info here...do you get any message relating to your attempt to access site?

can you access other sites? eg Google?

if so, what happens when you Google search Geocaching...can you access through the link?

don't have any problems accessing other sites

cannot access geocaching thro google links, or email links (from Groundspeak email, or member emails sent thru geocaching site)

(incidentally I can access geocaching on my blackberry, but it is not practical to use as main form of access since is very small & fiddly to use , and pretty slow)

don't have any problems accessing other sites

cannot access geocaching thro google links, or email links (from Groundspeak email, or member emails sent thru geocaching site)

(incidentally I can access geocaching on my blackberry, but it is not practical to use as main form of access since is very small & fiddly to use , and pretty slow)

so no messages? what does it do...freeze, or what? describe please!

i guess you can access on blackberry in your account name, have you tried creating a new account on your laptop?

have you checked your firewall? there should be an exception for Geocaching.com to access..

Error 118 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT): The operation timed out.

new account ? do you mean on geocaching ? .... can't do that if I can't connect to site

have just looked at firewall : programs are listed but can't see how I make an exception for a website.

geocaching is not mentioned on the list of programs that firewall allows

Who's your ISP? I've seen some smaller ISP's block IP's in the paranoia game.

Are you on a cable or dsl or something else?

DSL (well more technially pppoe) is usually pretty easy to flip IP's, just drop the connection for a minute.

Cable (more technically any provider using dhcp) is a little harder, most like to re-assign the same IP.

Closing this thread, as it is a technical support question/general query rather than a bug report or feature request. Please email contact@Groundspeak.com for a personalized response. The Community Relations Team respond to all emails, and offer support regarding website use and mobile application use.