Pocket enquirey

David1052

Hi Mpilchfamily

I have a Satmap 10 I am very happy with it I can put all the PQs on it with all the logs and clues even photos, but what I am after is putting the cache locations onto Getamap so that I can print them of and take a bigger picture with me. then if any thing was to happen to the Gps I still have a local O.S.map with me with all the caches on

I usually use Google Earth for this. Once you have the unzipped version of the pocket query file (.gpx format), you can drag and drop it on GE and it will show you the locations of the caches on the map. Then you can adjust your zoom level and area and print that if you like.

GE has been very helpful for us. Once you have the caches showing on the map, you can also draw a path on GE that follows the correct trails and goes in the order you want to follow to find the caches. This is especially helpful if all the trails in the area are shown on GE. You can then take that path, convert it, load it into Mapsource, and load it onto the GPSr. This give you a projected path line that you can expect to follow in the field that will take you to any caches and any other areas of interest you see on GE and incorporate into your path line.

Luckily in our area GE seems to be pretty accurate and usually puts us within a few feet of where we expected to be. We can also vary from our path on a different trail when in the area and still know how to get back on track and back to the caches again.

Good luck!

I usually use Google Earth for this. Once you have the unzipped version of the pocket query file (.gpx format), you can drag and drop it on GE and it will show you the locations of the caches on the map. Then you can adjust your zoom level and area and print that if you like.

GE has been very helpful for us. Once you have the caches showing on the map, you can also draw a path on GE that follows the correct trails and goes in the order you want to follow to find the caches. This is especially helpful if all the trails in the area are shown on GE. You can then take that path, convert it, load it into Mapsource, and load it onto the GPSr. This give you a projected path line that you can expect to follow in the field that will take you to any caches and any other areas of interest you see on GE and incorporate into your path line.

Luckily in our area GE seems to be pretty accurate and usually puts us within a few feet of where we expected to be. We can also vary from our path on a different trail when in the area and still know how to get back on track and back to the caches again.

Good luck!

Thanks for all that Stargazer22 that is exactly what I am after something that I can follow without relying on the gps too much but still know how to get back on track I will certainly try it out in the Peak District tomorrow.

Regards David