COMPLETED - [FEATURE] No postcode/address search option on iphone app?

KeenGrip25

Hi all,

I just heard about geocaching yesterday and paid the $10-ish for the Groundspeak iphone app. But there is no option to search by 'post code or address'. It says there is supposed to be this option AND I have seen pictures and read of this option on this site, but my phone doesnt have it for some reason.

I have delete and reinstalled the app... but nothing!!

I want to do some forward planning for a weekend away and I expected the app to come with the 'search by address/postcode' as stated.

Any ideas?

In advanced search you can search by location: city, province etc

If you are a premium member on ground speak you can do pocket queries by postal code. I find searching that way rather useless though because anything other than the smallest burg has many postal codes.

I use advanced search the most.

In the first screen of the app click "Advanced Search". There, type in the zip code or the name of the town or an address. Scroll down to the bottom (specifying any other search criteria on the way down) and click Search. Should get what you're looking for. Then you can Save to Favorites any in particular you'd like to hunt for.

The paid app is great once you learn all its little tricks.

Yup, advanced search can search by address, postal code, nearby landmark like 'space needle'. I believe it can only do one location at a time though. You can enter an entire address ie 123 N Main St, Anywhere, WA, 98103 just like you would normally enter addresses.

If you have any technical questions regarding the app, please email us at contact@Groundspeak.com so we can help you directly. This forum is for bug reporting and feature requests. Thanks!

In the first screen of the app click "Advanced Search".

Ah ok Thanks for the info...So it doesn't actually look like this with the middle option of search address/postcode on the home screen?:

http://www.geocaching.com/iphone/default.aspx

No, that's the older version of the app in the picture. The new version looks a little different and has a lot more options.

Team Pixos, I'm not sure what symbol you'd use for that, I only use Advanced Search occasionally and usually for a very small area....I rely on PQ's more for preplanning.